[Gtk2hs-users] problem installing gtk2hs with gtk3 on Windows: hspango.h
John O'Donnell
2016-10-19 19:13:16 UTC
Hello,

How do you install gtk3 on windows? I managed to get some parts to
install (cairo and a bit more), using stack, but when it comes to pango,
Configuring pango-0.13.3.0...
* Missing (or bad) header file: hspango.h
I found hspango.h on the web, downloaded it and put it in one of the
included directories, but it still gives this message. Thinking the file
might be corrupted, I stripped it down to nothing, but still get this
message. The file is not missing, not un-findable, and not bad (though
it's useless after removing its content).

What am I doing wrong?

Would it be possible for stack to provide a gtk installer? Perhaps it
could just copy the gtk bundle into the sandbox, and set up the pointers
to it correctly.

Thanks, for any help or any comments!
John O'Donnell
Brandon Allbery
2016-10-19 19:45:25 UTC
Post by John O'Donnell
What am I doing wrong?
Did you install gtk2hs-buildtools first?
I also seem to recall you need to tweak something in the stack.yaml --- the
problem here being that it's being looked for while building the
setup/configure, not while building the package, and by default only the
base system dependencies are available at that time.
--
brandon s allbery kf8nh sine nomine associates
***@gmail.com ***@sinenomine.net