[Gtk2hs-users] libcairo.a
Alexander Pakhomov
2013-12-07 16:54:38 UTC
Hi. I got
/usr/local/lib/libcairo.a: unknown symbol `FcPatternDestroy'
error message.
FcPatternDestroy is in /usr/X11R6/libfontconfig.so. It is in dependencies of libcairo.so. Is there any way to use libcairo.so instead of libcairo.a? Or how can I tell ghc to use libfontconfig.so when loading libcairo.a?
Alexander Pakhomov
2013-12-07 17:52:39 UTC
Problem disappeared after rm -rf ~/.ghc ~/.cabal and start from scratch. Probably I have done something wrong with cabal fixing unrelated packages.
Anyhow I got runhaskell error:

GHCi runtime linker: fatal error: I found a duplicate definition for symbol
locale_charset

importing Graphics.UI.Gtk
This seems to be runhaskell problem, ghc and even import in ghci work fine.