[Gtk2hs-users] gstreamer porting from 0.10 to 1.0
Andrei Melnikov
2013-09-25 12:35:09 UTC

As http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/news/#2013-03-15T10:00:00Z says 0.10 is
no longer maintained I'd like to use 1.x in my new project. The gstreamer
hackage package builds just fine and haven't bit rot, but it's for 0.10.
How do I proceed with porting? The .chs files seem to be autogenerated from
.list files, but I couldn't find documentation.

Also I see gstream-audio in pkgconfig-depends, but not gstream-video. Does
it mean that video was never supported?

My first task is to reproduce the following pipeline in Haskell code:

gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=MOV_0396.flv ! decodebin \
! videoconvert \
! 'video/x-raw,format=AYUV' \
! videomixer name=mixer ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink filesrc
location=xxx/baz.mpeg ! decodebin \
! videoconvert \
! 'video/x-raw,format=AYUV' \
! mixer.

So I only need video, not even network. Is it a good idea to start from
scratch instead and implement only the part of 1.0 bindings I need?
--
Andrei